INRM Address Planning
Last Updated on Friday, 28 March 2014 07:31
Whether rolling our a new network or extending and existing one, planning for the IP addresses required is an often overlooked endeavour.
This module addresses that need. Upon completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Calculate the exact IPv4 and IPv6 address space that they need
- Request such address space from AfriNIC
- Overview of IPv4 subnetting, CIDR and summary routes
- IPv6 subnetting and summary routes
- VLSM and calculating IPv4 address needs
- Calculating IPv6 address needs
- Carving out and allocating your IP space
- About NAPT - where might it make sense?